Hello! I have over 25 years of experience in the field treating individuals, couples, families and groups. I work with a wide spectrum of psychological issues including but not limited to relationship difficulties, mood and anxiety disorders, addiction and grief. I have advanced training in couples counseling, eating disorders and mindfulness practices . My work is informed by family systems, cognitive behavioral and attachment theory. Because of my years of experience, I am skilled in many treatment modalities and tailor treatment to the unique needs of each client.
Along with my years in private practice, I have experience working in a variety of settings and roles including:
1. Monte Nido in-patient eating disorder treatment facility where I served as a primary therapist under the tutelage of its founder, internationally renowned expert Carolyn Costin.
2. The Women's Clinic of Los Angeles where I counseled and educated women about issues related to sexual health.
3. As an eating disorder educator/lecturer at colleges, high schools and elementary schools throughout Southern California.
4. As creator and leader of 12-week workshop entitled "Parents in Progress," aimed at helping parents and caregivers successfully navigate the challenges of raising children with eating disorders.
5. running groups focused on a variety of topics including mindfulness/spirituality, creativity, couples issues, eating-disordered males and females and multiple-family group therapy.