This is a special program designed by women for women who are interested in improving their mental and physical health, uncovering a more peaceful and compassionate inner dialogue, healing their relationship with their bodies, and understanding how women's changing hormones through transitional times and their mindset, influences their ability to cope with stress and live a healthy and satisfying life. The group is co-led by health psychologist Dr. Natalie Horn, Ph.D. and Nutritionist Emilee Wise, NC.
Throughout this group you will:
- Uncover and improve your relationship with food : Observe and create mindful eating habits
- Food log for information and observation : Get real information about how thoughts and emotions influence cravings and eating habits
- Improve your relationship with your body : Learn to let go of judgement and inner critic
- See improvement in energy, digestion, and mood : Learn to listen to the signals our bodies are give us and understand when you are hungry and full
- Gain awareness around foods, superfoods and supplements that are beneficial for most women
- Discuss women-specific challenges to managing stress and learn more ways to cope with the inevitable stressors we all face
- Learn behavioral tools and nutritional techniques shown to improve mood and reduce anxiety
- Get support from the coaches and other women in the group
- New topics and opportunities for discussion each week, including handouts and informational videos
- Private Facebook group for support, questions and encouragement
- 6 live Zoom calls to learn, ask questions, gain support, and transform (Recording will be available if call is missed)
The meeting dates and times for this group are still being determined and we welcome your input as to when you would be able to attend!
Dr. Natalie Horn is a licensed psychologist in Denver, Colorado. She works with professionals, college-students, and adults of all ages who are looking to create change in their lives. Her clients are eager to become healthier and more fulfilled versions of themselves. In addition to therapy, Dr. Horn offers life coaching for clients who wish to achieve peak performance in life, sport, or work and realize their full potential.
Dr. Horn specializes in helping those who struggle with stress, anxiety, depression, or a harsh inner critic, to obtain the tools and confidence they need to navigate life’s challenges and begin to thrive. In addition, Dr. Horn is uniquely skilled at treating eating disorders, weight-related concerns, promoting a healthy approach to weight loss, improving sleep patterns, and helping those with chronic pain, injury, or illness.
Sessions with Dr. Horn are individually-tailored and integrate evidence-based therapies (CBT, DBT, ACT, and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction) with empathy, and self-compassion. Her style is collaborative, interactive, and non-judgmental. Dr. Horn guides her clients through the process of assessing their values, strengths, coping strategies, and vision for the future. Through exploration, Dr. Horn helps her clients identify what’s limiting them from moving forward, and develop new, more effective patterns and coping skills that align with their values and the person they want to become.
In addition to her private practice, Dr. Horn has consulted at several major hospitals and is well versed in cutting-edge research. She is knowledgeable about how to help her clients refine and develop the skills they need to move towards a healthy future. She combines her expertise with personalized care to ensure her clients achieve real, long-lasting change. Dr. Horn primarily offers telehealth sessions. She is affiliated with Denver Sports Recovery, where she offers in-person sessions on a case-by-case basis.