Last updated: July 10th, 2018
Types of Information We Collect
Personal Information. Our Site may collect information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”), which may include, but is not limited to, the following: full name; phone number; email address; health insurance plan; messages to a Therapist regarding why you are reaching out; employment, including whether you are a student and, if so, which university you attend; and how you heard about the Company (e.g. through a friend, Google search, etc.).
When We Collect Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information when you interact with the Site, including when you do any of the following on the Site:
- Contact a Therapist through the Site;
- Book a phone consultation with a Therapist via our Site;
- Post or comment on a video or article or send an email to us;
- Fill out a self-assessment or complete a survey. The assessments and tests are administered by third-parties, which have their own policies concerning information they may collect from Users. Please refer to their policies via the links on the assessment and test pages;
- Subscribe to our mailing list;
- Register as a Therapist to be listed in our directories. We collect Personal Information to create your profile in the directory, such as name, address, email address, as well as professional information, including your qualifications, certifications, the demographic region in which you practice, and your fields of specialty. We collect additional information for our records that may not be displayed as part of your directory profile but is necessary to check the information you provide or accept payment from you; or
- Open an email communication from us in your email program. We may use a software technology called “web beacons” that to let us know which emails have been opened by the recipients. This allows us to know how Users respond to certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
We also collect your Personal Information through third party service providers. Currently, we use Acuity Scheduling to book calls between Users and Therapists, and Cognito Forms to relay messages between parties using the Site. While these may not be the third parties that we use in the future, we may use other companies like them to collect Personal Information.
How We Use Your Personal Information and Non-Personal Data
We use Personal Information and Non-Personal Data to:
- Build, operate and improve our Site and the Services;
- Provide you with the Services;
- Perform user analytics;
- Provide customer support;
- Communicate with you and provide additional information that may be of interest to you such as, for example, newsletters;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages; and
- Manage our everyday business needs such as Site administration, analytics, fraud prevention, or to comply with the law.
We do not sell any Personal Information about Users or Therapists.
When and Why We Disclose Personal Information and Non-Personal Data
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them (for example, we may provide your email address to technical platforms that mail out our newsletters);
- To licensing boards to check Therapists’ credentials;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Zencare's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Zencare about our Users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service; or
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Zencare, our Users, Therapists, or others.
Links to Other Sites and Third-Party Tracking Technologies
Some content, including advertisements, on the Site are served by third-parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers. When you click on links and/or ad banners that take you to third-party websites, the third party may collect information about you at their website. The information they collect may be associated with your Personal Information or they may collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. The third party may have its own privacy policies that differ from ours. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement whenever interacting with any website you visit.
You can opt-out of receiving our emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each such email or by contacting us at email@example.com. You can request to delete the Personal Information you have provided to us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain your information only for as long as needed to provide you the Services or as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Though we make every effort to preserve your privacy, we cannot guarantee your privacy. We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any User or Therapist of the Site. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Limitation of Liability for Privacy
Data Collection Limitation
This Site is directed at residents of the United States of America. We do not make any representation or warranty that this Site is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from jurisdictions outside of the United States of America.