Zencare's Clinician Vetting Process
At Zencare, our priority is evidence-based, quality mental healthcare. Our network is built of clinicians who pass our qualification process.
The three-step Zencare screening process includes:
- License, court, and criminal background checks. All providers must have an active, restriction-free license to practice in the state(s) in which their profile is listed.
- Vetted badge for clinicians who display adherence to clinical standards. Clinicians who earn the Zencare vetted badge have passed a qualification process that demonstrated commitment to best practices on a clinical standards quiz. You can find this badge on provider profiles and provider search pages.
- Ongoing quality maintenance via feedback from users. We have a closed-loop feedback system, and anonymously share any client experiences with providers so they may improve their practice moving forward.
In our clinical standards qualification process, we ask therapists about their training, practice management, and commitment to ongoing education. Our questions have been developed by thought leaders across many mental health disciplines, including:
- Clinical directors at top eating disorder recovery programs
- Perinatal mental health expert from a leading women’s hospital
- Bereavement specialist from a national palliative care program
- LGBTQ rights activist and social worker
- Obsessive compulsive disorder specialist and distinguished psychiatrist
When identifying prospective providers to join the network, we also assess websites and online reviews for professionalism, experience in stated areas of expertise, and commitment to inclusive therapy.
Finally, we ask for professional references whenever deemed necessary. We take our vetting process seriously and take action on any concerns we hear from users.
At the end of the day, our vetting process comes down to asking ourselves, "Would I recommend this clinician to a friend or family member?"
We strive to create a community of clinically excellent, professionally outstanding, and deeply compassionate clinicians.
We welcome your feedback. Please don't hesitate to contact us!
Although we take steps to verify the information provided to us by the Therapists, we cannot guarantee the authenticity of such information, including medical degrees, licenses, certification, credentials, or background. We do not recommend or endorse any Therapist, nor do we make any representation or warranty with respect to the quality of the services they may provide. Read our full terms of service.